Generate wav files
AMC-IP WAV File Requirements
The Audio Message must be in .wav format, and the following codecs are supported::
- PCM files at 16kHz samplerate (linear 16bit), mono (1 channel)
- MS ADPCM at 16kHz samplerate, mono (1 channel)
- IMA ADPCM at 16kHz samplerate, mono (1 channel)
How to Generate WAV Files for AMC-IP
This guide can be used to adjust any audio files to be compatible with AMC-IP.
Step-by-step guide (Norwegian version of Audacity)
- Open the audio file in Audacity
- Change to mono file by going to "Spor > Stereospor til Mono"
- Change "Prosjektrate (Hz)" to 16000
- Reduce length of file by selecting audio and pressing delete
- Select an area and press "Effekt > Ton Ut" to make a less abrupt ending of the audio. This function will reduce the audio in the selected area.
5. Export audio as WAV file by going to "File > Export Audio" and selecting "Save as type = WAV (Microsoft) signed 16 bit PCM"