Follow One Alarm Tone
Control Outputs are configured by defining one or more actions to be triggered on an output event.
The Follow One Alarm function is used to trigger the control output to follow a specific alarm tone in one, any or many specific zones.
Make sure that alarm following will only work for alarms that originate from the digital alarm generator.
This function can be useful in providing visual indication in noisy areas. It differs from the Follow Any Alarm Tone function in that it can follow only one alarm tone, but that this can be active in many zones.
Assigning Follow One Alarm Tone to a Control Output
To assign the function Follow One Alarm Tone to a Control Output:
- In Components view, open Output Actions
- In System, identify the Controller, the Amplifier or the Access Panel to be used, and expand to Device > Control Outputs
- Drag Follow One Alarm Tone to the Control Output you want to use
Follow a Specific Alarm Tone in Any Zone
- Drag Follow One Alarm Tone to the desired Control Output
- Select the desired Alarm in Source
In this example, the Fire Alarm (Offshore) in any zone will trigger Control Output 1.
Sets the idle state for the output. The options are Normally Open or Normally Closed.
The source that will trigger the alarm output. If Source is not specified, it will be ignored when checking whether the conditions for the audio activity triggering are present or not.
The zones in which the output on an activity is triggered. If Zone is not specified, it will be ignored when checking whether the conditions for the audio activity triggering are present or not. The default is Any zone.
The priority range within which the activity is triggered.
Available Settings: All, In Call or Queued.
Follow Alarm Tone
If this is enabled the control output will toggle in tune with the alarm generator. If it is NOT enabled it will toggle on when the alarm is started and stay on until it ends.
- Limit High Not OK: When the Control Output is cleared, and feedback voltage is at or above this value, the output is considered fed with alien voltage.
- Limit Low OK: When the Control Output is set, and feedback voltage is above this value, the output is considered active OK.
- On Lost Connection: Fall back to this state on lost connection with ESC. Available Settings: Idle State, No Change, Open, Closed.
Example of Use:
It is common in noisy areas to add flashing lights or beacons that will indicate when there is activity on the PA.
The Follow One Alarm Tone function can, in this case, be used to pulse the flashing light in the same pattern as a specific alarm.
The configuration will then have:
- Source: General Alarm
- Zone: "Noisy zone 1", "Noisy zone 2"
- Priority Range: 1-40
- Follow Alarm Tone: Checked
With this setup, the control output will trigger in the same pattern as the alarm tone. For a General Alarm (7 short bursts + 1 long burst) people in the noisy area will then see the type of alarm that is active.